Family Law Mediation
Mediation Appointments – 4 hours and 8 hours available.
Heather Davis, Credentialed Advanced Mediator by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (TMCA), offers both in-person or online mediation services, in the Houston area, or statewide online mediation services. Disputes may include, but are not limited to, Family, CPS, Divorce, Elder law, and Civil matters. Sessions are available by appointment so please schedule a time that works best for you and let her help you settle your dispute today!
Appointments are available weekdays at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 6 p.m. and on weekends by special arrangement. Please call Heather regarding any special arrangements or requests.
For More Information
Costs for Mediation
NOTE: parties usually split the mediation cost equally. Payment is due prior to commencing mediation.
- Weekday Mediation
The cost per 4 hour session is $500 ($250 per party)
- Weekend Mediation
The cost per 4 hour session is $800 ($400 per party)
- Online Payment – Pay Now
If the parties need to cancel mediation, cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days before the date of mediation and refunded. Mediations cancelled less than 7 days in advance, may be rescheduled but will not be refunded.
- Online Agreed Order to Mediate (Order on Motion for Mediation, Motion to Compel Mediation, Agreed Order to Mediate with Heather Davis)
- Other Resources (Liberty and Justice for Texas | Office of the Attorney, General, Glossary of Legal Terms)
How to Prepare for Mediation:
I. Identify the type of case and prepare as follows:
A. Family cases:
- Exchange financial documents, including tax returns and paycheck stubs. This includes estimated child support obligations. See the Texas Attorney General Monthly Child Support Calculator (Monthly Child Support Calculator | THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF TEXAS) and Guidelines (Texas Child Support Guidelines – FindLaw)
- Exchange health insurance information regarding medical, dental, and vision coverage for yourself and the children. Information includes policy documents and identification cards.
- Summarize your parenting plans regarding access and possession and custodial relationship (Joint Managing Conservator, Sole Managing Conservator, Possessory Conservator.
- Identify other issues you want addressed including name changes, electronic communication, and paternity.
- Prepare additional information described in the “Property and Contract cases” below if your case will include a property division.
B. Property and Contract cases:
- Exchange financial documents including statements for: bank accounts, student loans, credit cards, 401K and Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), mortgages, military benefits, and other assets and debts.
- Summarize and exchange a list of all assets (real estate, community property, personal property) and debts which includes the person responsible for each. Assure the list includes the marital home, vehicles, and businesses.
C. Elder law cases:
- Summarize the matters to address including wills and estates, beneficiaries, trustees, guardianships, and powers of attorney.
- Exchange financial documents, medical reports, and other information as needed.
II. Accept the calendar invite with the in-person or online video conferencing information. All online video conferencing will be via Zoom.
III. Remit payment.
IV. Assure you have email and internet access the day of mediation. All documents will be provided for electronic signature.
V. After Mediation:
- Petitioner attorney will be responsible for e-filing if the mediator is unable to e-file the mediation documents. If Petitioner is not represented, then Respondent attorney will have this responsibility.
- Petitioner attorney, or Petitioner, will be responsible for drafting, proving up, and collecting signatures for the final decree/order.